Objective: Beat the dealer while winning as many tokens and rewards as possible
How to beat the dealer: You need a higher value hand than the dealer without going over 21. You can also earn an automatic win with a special jackpot hand called Black Jack (an Ace and a 10 or Face Card).
Card Values: Aces = 1 or 11; 10s and face cards = 10; Number cards = face value
Splits: You can "split" your hand into two hands when you're dealt two of the same cards. If you split, your bet on your first hand is doubled so that your bet matches for both your hands. For more information, see: What is a "split"?
Insurance: When the dealer has an ace, and you think they have 21, you can hedge your bet and win 30 stars, but you wont be able to play your hand to try to win more.
What's different in Blackjack Royale?
Hand limits: You can only play 12 hands in the 2 minute tournament you enter. Your individual hands dont matter, only the total score you get at the end of the tournament.
Special jackpot hands: You get extra stars and other rewards for having special combinations of cards in your hands. These are:
- 21 Jackpot: Any hand with a value of 21
- Blackjack: Ace + any card with a value of 10
- Lucky Double: Two hands with the same value. This requires you to split your hand.
- Lucky Trio: Three hands with the same value. This requires you to split you hand twice.
- Royal Double: Two hands with only 10 or face cards.
- Royal Trio: Three hands with only 10 face cards.